KMplayer

koos vriezen koos.vriezen at gmail.com
Mon May 22 11:46:44 BST 2006

2006/5/19, koos vriezen <koos.vriezen at gmail.com>:
> 2006/5/18, malcolm <malcolm at interele.demon.co.uk>:
> > It installed and worked perfectly for Apple and most other sites
> > but one site which I like doesn't work. It works with Mozilla and
> > mplayer-plugin ( but I much prefer Konqueror ) In Konqueror it doesn't
> > launch .
> >
> > If there is anyone out there more knowledgeable than I  that can
> > help, I would be very grateful
> >
> > http://www.kvbc.com/
> >
> > and go to the videos - they seem to launch via a javascript but I am a
> > bit lost
>
> Yes this requires some javascript debugging to figure out what this
> page is exactly doing. Often it helps to set the browser
> identification to mozilla/netscape because konqueror support the
> netscape's style of plugin detection (in javascript that's
> navigator.plugins array). Why that doesn't work here needs some
> further investigation, might be that the plugin string for WMP needs
> adjustement.
> Unfortunately I can't look at this for a while, so if somebody wants
> to figure this out ..

Actually I don't need my development system to see that the the
kmplayer plugin is embedded in a(n I)Frame. The problem is likely the
auto resizing of the frame wherein the plugin resides (I've seen this
problem more often and AFAIK this isn't fixed yet). I did fix an
javascript error that occurs because kmplayer plugin tries to resize,
but since it's not in a html OBJECT element, but a (I)FRAME object, it
only has limited javascript support.
Btw, my mplayer crashes on thes wmv files (xine doesn't play them either)