where to select audio/video channels?

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Fri Mar 24 10:52:15 GMT 2006

On Monday 06 March 2006 11:34, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> The other solution would be to put the audio/video channel selection into
> the source object. I currently tend more to move the channel selection into
> AbstractMediaProducer.

Here's an update:
As Phonon allows one AudioPath to be used for several MediaProducers the
channel selection in AudioPath is ambiguous. Also technically the information
about the available channels comes from the media data. (If you were to look
for the channel selection, which class would you look at first?)

I'm thinking of the following now:
class AbstractMediaProducer {
	AudioChannels availableAudioChannels();
	selectAudioChannel( AudioChannel, AudioPath* = 0 );
	VideoChannels availableVideoChannels();
	selectVideoChannel( VideoChannel, VideoPath* = 0 );
};

--
C'ya
        Matthias