arts client example

Arnold Krille kde at arnoldarts.de
Mon Jan 9 13:41:38 GMT 2006

Am Montag, 9. Januar 2006 12:16 schrieb Christian Schoenebeck:
> Am Montag, 9. Januar 2006 11:55 schrieben Sie:
> > Am Montag, 9. Januar 2006 00:54 schrieb Christian Schoenebeck:
> > > I would like to write an arts audio output driver for LinuxSampler. Is
> > > there a _little_ demo arts application somewhere?
> > Well, there are small examples in the arts-tarball (artsplay). But you
> > really don't want to focus on aRts as it is basicly dead and only "lives"
> > for backward compatibility...
> I know, this is not meant as 'serious' driver, especially due to the non-rt
> nature of arts. But I'm using KDE a lot, which unfortunately doesn't
> support jackd very well as of KDE 3.5, that's why I decided to write a
> little arts driver, so I don't have to kill artsd each time I just want to
> play some chords or something with LinuxSampler.

You know that aRts has a jack-output plugin?

So you let your jackd run, tell aRts to connect to it and so you are set. But
don't let that stop you from building an arts-ouput for LS if you want to.

BTW: I like LS very much and used it over christmas as my piano running stable
for over nine hours...

Arnold

--
Get my public-key from pgp.mit.edu or pgp.uni-mainz.de