RELEASE: GStreamer Bad Plug-ins 0.10.4 'Black Bugs'
thaytan at noraisin.net
thaytan at noraisin.net
Thu Dec 21 17:13:20 GMT 2006
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Bad Plug-ins 0.10.4 'Black Bugs'.
GStreamer Bad Plug-ins is a set of plug-ins that aren't up to par compared to
the rest. They might be close to being good quality, but they're missing
something - be it a good code review, some documentation, a set of tests, a
real live maintainer, or some actual wide use.
For more information, see http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gst-plugins-bad.html
To file bugs, go to http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gst-plugins-bad
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamer Bad Plug-ins 0.10.4 "Black Bugs"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Bad Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
"That an accusation?"
No perfectly groomed moustache or any amount of fine clothing is going to
cover up the truth - these plug-ins are Bad with a capital B.
They look fine on the outside, and might even appear to get the job done, but
at the end of the day they're a black sheep. Without a golden-haired angel
to watch over them, they'll probably land in an unmarked grave at the final
Don't bug us about their quality - exercise your Free Software rights,
patch up the offender and send us the patch on the fastest steed you can
steal from the Confederates. Because you see, in this world, there's two
kinds of people, my friend: those with loaded guns and those who dig.
This module contains a set of plug-ins that aren't up to par compared to the
rest. They might be close to being good quality, but they're missing something
- be it a good code review, some documentation, a set of tests, a real live
maintainer, or some actual wide use. If the blanks are filled in they might be
upgraded to become part of either gst-plugins-good or gst-plugins-ugly,
depending on the other factors.
If the plug-ins break, you can't complain - instead, you can fix the
problem and send us a patch, or bribe someone into fixing them for you.
New contributors can start here for things to work on.
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
Features of this release
* Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
* Threadsafe design and API
* V4L2 source element moved to Good plugins
* Many improvements in Quicktime playback
* Xvid encoding and decoding improvements
* FAAD decoder fixes
* New element: alsaspdifsink for IEC958 output
* Spectrum FFT analysis element ported
* New element: h264parse. H.264 Parser
* Fixes in bz2 support
* New element: theoraexpdec. Libtheoraexp based Theora decoder
* New element: wavpackenc. Wavpack decoder
* Improvements in the libneon based http source
* gstfilter ported to 0.10
* mpeg2enc ported to 0.10
* New element: nsfdec. NSF decoder
* New element: spcdec. libopenspc based SPC decoder
* videocrop ported/re-written from 0.8
* cdaudio element ported to 0.10
* New element: rganalysis. ReplayGain analysis element
* New element: dvbsrc. DVB source element (disabled by default)
* deinterlace (Simple deinterlacer) ported from 0.8
* New element: nuvdemux. NUV video demuxer
* Fixes in the DirectDraw output elements
* New elements: multifilesrc, multifilesink
* y4mencode ported from 0.8
* rfbsrc, librfb based capture source ported from 0.8
* New element: jackaudiosink. JACK audio output element
* Many other fixes and improvements
Bugs fixed in this release
* 379261 : crash in Movie Player: Trying to play a partial...
* 151192 : [PATCH] nsf decoder
* 124580 : [jacksink] plugin needs a maintainer/love/to be updated
* 330632 : [qtdemux] MP3 stream in MP4 container not playable
* 335507 : [FAAD] blur_warhammer.mp4 movie doesn't transcode
* 339462 : [PATCH] xvid plugin to support more capabilities of XviD ...
* 340638 : New plugin: h264 parse element
* 341231 : [qtdemux] [faad] audio in some superman trailers doesn't ...
* 341461 : gst-plugins-bad missing -no-undefined again
* 341563 : [faad] fails to decode middle of file, should just skip o...
* 343031 : v4l2src caps negotion is faulty
* 343131 : [wavpack] add wavpack encoder
* 343184 : [mpeg2enc] ported to 0.10
* 343866 : cygwin fixes
* 344472 : [wavpackdec] should post audio codec tag and extract bitrate
* 344821 : [pitch] controllable properties
* 344944 : AAC Support crashes with some files
* 345182 : [neonhttpsrc] fails to compile with libneon 0.26.x
* 345336 : modplug plugin doesn't work on AMD64
* 345653 : [videocrop] port to 0.10, support all common formats
* 346853 : [PATCH] ported gstfilter elements to 0.10
* 347079 : [qtdemux] plugin doesn't decode Year
* 347443 : [wavpack] port parser/decoder to official API and random ...
* 347935 : [nsf] warning when building RPM
* 348220 : New libopenspc-based SPC playback plugin
* 348976 : [xviddec] crashes after invalid unit size warning
* 350399 : [qtdemux] extract multiple redirect locations and require...
* 350741 : [faac] Wrong bitrate set
* 351495 : [wavpackparse] add support for push-based mode
* 351557 : [wavpackparse] resync in push mode if sync was lost
* 357069 : [rganalysis] New element: ReplayGain analysis
* 357212 : [glimagesink] crashes if no DISPLAY
* 361260 : New element: nuvdemux
* 362626 : Fixes compiling with forte: warning clean up (part 5)
* 376106 : Port rfbsrc to gst 0.10
* 378613 : [qtdemux] non-working redirect ('alis' redirect reference...
* 382203 : ladspa element needs to be enabled
* 384294 : [modplug] returns position query results in attoseconds
* 385048 : [qtdemux] Crash on a mp4 file in qtdemux_parse_trak
* 385788 : [SECURITY] buffer overflows in modplug
* 387076 : [wavpack] Wrong include
* 387122 : [qtdemux] regression: crash in parse_trak
* 387160 : [qtdemux] posts buffering message which can cause hangs
* 351659 : [wavpackparse] fix resync in push mode, implement it in p...
* 351663 : [wavpackenc] doesn't set correct caps on source pad
* 352476 : [wavpack] documentation, unit tests, memleak fix
* 366523 : [directdraw] fix playback and vs8 fixes
* 369539 : [wavpackenc] More sensible values for GstEnums, don't sen...
* 384140 : [neonhttpsrc] id3demux autoplug loop streaming mp3 with I...
* 387137 : Regression: qtdemux paletted image handling
* 349916 : [gdp] raw audio saved in gdp, when depayloading complain...
* 346723 : gstneonhttpsrc fails for URL
* 347439 : [qtdemux] seeks poorly in files with slideshows
* 349204 : [gdp] raw audio saved in gdp does not depayload correctly
* 351825 : [qtdemux] doesn't set proper caps for RGB video
* 367696 : [qtdemux] No support for QuickTime Animation (RLE).
* 372243 : [PATCH] yuv4mpeg (v2) encoder ported to 0.10
* 380610 : [rganalysis] Incorrect event handling
* 383471 : cannot link 1 ch raw 24-bit PCM audio
* 344987 : [PATCH] [dvbsrc] [ts-tools] gstreamer 0.10 port
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-bad in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Andre Moreira Magalhaes
* Andrew Andkjar
* Chris Lee
* David Schleef
* Edgard Lima
* Edward Hervey
* Jan Schmidt
* Johan Dahlin
* Jonathan Matthew
* Josep Torra Valles
* Julien MOUTTE
* Lutz Mueller
* Lutz Müller
* Maciej Katafiasz
* Mark Nauwelaerts
* Martin Szulecki
* Mathis Hofer
* Michael Smith
* Michal Benes
* Milosz Derezynski
* Renato Filho
* René Stadler
* Rosfran Borges
* Sebastian Dröge
* Sebastien Moutte
* Sergey Scobich
* Stefan Kost
* Stefan Kost,,,
* Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp Müller
* Wim Taymans
* Wouter Paesen
* Young-Ho Cha
* Zaheer Abbas Merali
-------------- next part --------------
gnome-multimedia mailing list
gnome-multimedia at gnome.org
More information about the kde-multimedia