KDE Multimedia Meeting: Confirmation and logistics...

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Fri Apr 28 20:37:47 BST 2006

Hi,

This mail is an addition to Sebastian's mail from last Friday about the KDE
MultiMedia Meeting in the Netherlands. In order to start planning and
booking please be aware of the following:

1. DEADLINE FOR ATTENDANCE CONFIRMATION
To order all the necessary stuff we need to start ordering things. If you
haven't done so already, please let us know if you'll be attending the
event NO LATER THAN Sunday, April 30th, 18:00 CEST (16:00 UTC). That allows us
to start the preparations on Monday.

2. HOTEL BOOKINGS
We will book hotel rooms at least for the nights Friday->Saturday and
Saturday->Sunday. Most people will probably need an extra night from
Thursday->Friday, some may need one from Sunday->Monday.

We cannot guarantee to pay for more than 3 nights per person, so if you
need four or more nights please be aware of a fee of about 45 Euro per
night. If we have enough sponsors we *MAY* pay those extra nights, but no
promises. While more expensive you'll probably find Amsterdam, Rotterdam
or The Hague a nicer place to stay the extra night before/after the event
anyway.

We'll contact you in about a week (time permitting hopefully sooner :) ) for
the exact information when you should be booking plane tickets. If you are
already sure about the hotel dates, please pass them on.

3. NUMBER OF ATTENDEES
The accommodation can hold about 15 contributors besides the organization
folk. So far we have don't have 15 people, but we're getting close, and in
case we exceed this number we'll give precedence to the 'early birds' who
confirmed to Tom's mail from January 28th and all other people on a first
come, first serve basis.

Thanks again for your response!

--
Martijn