amaroK unstable

Mark Kretschmann markey at web.de
Fri Sep 2 09:15:46 BST 2005

On Friday 02 September 2005 08:14, Pavel Troller wrote:
>   Recent versions of amaroK from SVN seem to have some problems with large
> collections (my one has currently 6352 entries).
>   When amaroK is started, it writes "Loading playlist" (probably, it's
> written in my language). This phase seems very suboptimal. The playlist
> window is being repeatedly redrawn really many times (at least 30x but
> maybe more), but with the same contents, so it only flickers. The slider
> frenetically jumps up and down (but the contents of the window doesn't
> change). This phase lasts about 10 seconds long and amaroK very often
> crashes during it. It simply disappears and doesn't give neither the
> standard crash dialog, nor the crash-mail window.

This is news to me. Could you provide a (valid) backtrace, make a bug report
and attach the backtrace, please?

>   Another weak moment is when the first song is to be played. The same as
> above applies. AmaroK sometimes crashes, sometimes freezes, sometimes
> starts to play.

Are you referring to Gst-Engine? (please always state the engine you are
using, it's crucial). If so, don't use alsasink, but use osssink instead.
Gst-Engine has just been rewritten, and alsasink support is not yet
functional.

--
Mark