Rating music in armarok

Christian Esken esken at kde.org
Tue Oct 4 23:26:04 BST 2005

Am Dienstag, 4. Oktober 2005 09:49 schrieb Christophe Prud'homme:
> After the announce of amarok live 1.3 withj open music (which is an awesome
> idea) I posted the text below on kde.org.
>
> ---------
> Now that I am listening to magnatune tunes with amarok
>  I would like to be able to rate the music in amarok so that I know which
song
> I liked and how much.
>  Would that be an interesting feature ? is that doable ? I know that amarok
> stores already statistics about songs but, to my knowledge, without user
> inputs. Now amarok may also take user inputs a bit like google mail and its
> star system.

You can directly set the rating, as described in the FAQ:

English:
http://amarok.kde.org/amarokwiki/index.php/FAQ#How_do_I_manually_change_a_track.27s_rating
German:
http://amarok.kde.org/amarokwiki/index.php/De:FAQ#Wie_kann_ich_die_Titel-Bewertung_manuell_ver.C3.A4ndern.3F

However, while I greatly love to have ratings, I would be *very* happy to do
it manually (thus disable Anarok's rating system). Then it should be easier
accesible, like having it in a toolbar. Probably I'll bother the Amarok
developers with a wishlist item sooner or later - so be prepared. ;-)

  Chris

--
Is UNIX ready for the Desktop? See http://www.kde.org
KDE Developer: esken at kde.org