Rating music in armarok

Christophe Prud'homme prudhomm at mit.edu
Tue Oct 4 08:49:18 BST 2005

After the announce of amarok live 1.3 withj open music (which is an awesome
idea) I posted the text below on kde.org.

---------
Now that I am listening to magnatune tunes with amarok
 I would like to be able to rate the music in amarok so that I know which song
I liked and how much.
 Would that be an interesting feature ? is that doable ? I know that amarok
stores already statistics about songs but, to my knowledge, without user
inputs. Now amarok may also take user inputs a bit like google mail and its
star system.

 The rationale behind it is that as you listen to new (unknown) music, say
from magnatune, you may not recall which one you liked best. Being able to
quickly rate the song will allow a quick sort on the preferred song and then
allow to buy them from magnatune or other record label.

Best regards
C.
--
MIT Affiliate
Debian/GNU/Linux developer for scientific computing packages