make_it_cool: kdelibs/kdemm

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Tue Mar 22 11:30:27 GMT 2005

So you can actually decide for every node whether you want to share it?

We probably need to take care with kdemm then, that we don't create a big mess
of available NMM sessions. How would you suggest to use NMM on a desktop
computer - or even on a multiuser desktop computer (user1 logs in, locks the
desktop, user2 starts a second X session - both sessions use kdemm/NMM for
multimedia).

Would every NMM app have its own PlaybackNode or would you start one central
NMM session per user (or per computer) that only handles the audio output,
but then for all NMM apps (kind of like a soundserver).

--
C'ya
        Matthias
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de