GStreamer Python 0.8.2 "Another one bites the dust"

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller uraeus at linuxrising.org
Tue Jun 21 17:35:43 BST 2005

Release notes for GStreamer Python 0.8.2 "Another one bites the dust"

This is the 0.8.2 release of the GStreamer Python bindings. It should be
used with the 0.8.x series of GStreamer and GStreamer Plugins.

This is the third stable 0.8.0 gst-python release, it's now considered
stable and ready to be used in production. It's already being used by
serveral applications.

Features of this release
      * Fixes for gcc 4
      * Dict-like access to Structure and Caps
      * Access to Buffer and Event fields
      * Access to Element flags
      * Access to Probes
      * Overriding of Object, Element and Bin virtual methods posssible
      * Many memleak fixes
Download
You can find source releases of gst-python in the gst-python download
directory: http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-python/

GStreamer Homepage
More details can be found on the project's website,
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org.

Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer

Developers
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org. You can browse the gst-python
repository. All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications
should subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient
interest we will create more lists as necessary.

Contributors to this release
      * Edward Hervey
      * Richard Hult
      * Zaheer Abbas Merali