GStreamer Qt Bindingss and Widget

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Fri Jun 3 14:28:16 BST 2005

On Thursday 02 June 2005 06:11 pm, Engin AYDOGAN wrote:
> As we will need some kind of GStreamer support, I've wrote some wrapper for
> basic GStreamer elements, and a widget which is ready to be used.
>
> I think this GStreamer wrapper/widget work is not limited to kopete, and is
> generic purpose so it can be used by others too. So, I think it'd better be
> committed in some playground in trunk so that we can play with it.

I'm wondering about two things:

  1.  Would it be possible to separate the widget from the rest of the gst
wrapper stuff so that apps could use GStreamer without an on-screen
component?

  2.  Did you look at the existing GStreamer plugin implementations in amarok
and juk (and kttsd)?

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer