aRts in trunk

mETz mETz81 at web.de
Sat Jul 30 11:12:25 BST 2005

On Freitag Juli 29 2005 21:48, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> On Friday 29 July 2005 20:52, Charles Samuels wrote:
> > Noatun has a make-it-snow branch that is intended to be part of trunk, it
> > just hasn't been merged yet, because my build system is pretty
> > broken right now (Debian undergoing abi changes...) and that I haven't
> > been so willing to code lately, which sucks.
>
> Yes, I've tracked the commits, but I haven't noticed any porting to Qt 4
> yet. On the other hand I have seen code added for other backends.

You cannot port to something that doesn't exist/work.
There was no kdelibs based on Qt4 back when I started the redesign and my
current Qt4-only project suffers from quite a few Qt4 quirks. I'm now waiting
for some official news about trunk/kdelibs being usable (i.e. all classes
ported and working somehow) and Qt 4.0.1 being released.
I'd also need some general hints on how to install KDE3 and KDE4 side by side
without any problems. Furthermore it'd be very helpful if one could actually
use KDE3 apps on a KDE4 desktop (last thing I heard was that it's impossible
right now).

> 183 open bug reports, most of which have no hope of ever being resolved
> tells a different story.

I don't think that's impressive, most of them are duplicates. Of course arts
has bugs, but not THAT many.

> There are alternatives that are maintained.

I didn't find a well-working alternative yet :(

Bye, Stefan aka mETz