aRts in trunk

Michael Pyne pynm0001 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 29 23:39:06 BST 2005

On Friday 29 July 2005 13:14, Antonio Larrosa Jiménez wrote:
> I agree with that, just a small note on "we're not planning on supporting
> aRts in 4.0" : If we're allowing users to run KDE 4.0 apps on a KDE 3.x
> desktop, we still need some kind of arts support in multimedia
> applications.

There's no reason we can't include support for it I suppose, but nor is there
a reason to say that KDE 4.x apps will still have to support aRts.

If the KDE 3.x aRts sound server is running when a KDE 4.x app runs then it
may not get sound if aRts is hogging the sound device which is unfortunate,
but until we see someone step up to add a aRts-compatible kdemm interface
there's no reason getting worked up about it.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne