Automake problem with arts

Barry Haddow barry_haddow at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 17 23:45:02 BST 2005

Hi

I'm trying to build arts. I've tried the trunk, and 3.4.1, and each time I run
make -f Makefile.cvs get the error below.

This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
This will be deleted before making the distribution

*** automake (GNU automake) 1.6.3 found.
*** Creating acinclude.m4
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/kdedev/src/kde/arts'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `acinclude.m4'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/kdedev/src/kde/arts'
*** Creating list of subdirectories
*** Creating Makefile.am
*** Creating configure.files
*** Creating configure.in
*** Creating aclocal.m4
*** Creating configure
*** Creating config.h template
*** Creating Makefile templates
flow/gsl/gslmakefile.inc:43: invalid unused variable name:
`gslffttest_LDFLAGS'
flow/gsl/gslmakefile.inc:39: invalid unused variable name: `gsltests_LDADD'
flow/gsl/gslmakefile.inc:36: invalid unused variable name: `gslwchunk_LDADD'
flow/gsl/gslmakefile.inc:38: invalid unused variable name: `gsltests_SOURCES'
flow/gsl/gslmakefile.inc:42: invalid unused variable name: `gslffttest_LDADD'
flow/gsl/gslmakefile.inc:40: invalid unused variable name: `gsltests_LDFLAGS'
flow/gsl/gslmakefile.inc:35: invalid unused variable name: `gslwchunk_SOURCES'
flow/gsl/gslmakefile.inc:41: invalid unused variable name:
`gslffttest_SOURCES'
flow/gsl/gslmakefile.inc:37: invalid unused variable name: `gslwchunk_LDFLAGS'
make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I saw a mail on kdedev about a similar error, suggesting that  automake 1.9.4
is required. However:

[kdedev at sisyphus arts]$ automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.9.4
Written by Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat.com>.

[kdedev at sisyphus arts]$

I can't see why automake 1.6.3 is found above,

any ideas?

cheers
Barry