Towards a common CDDB info UI, starting with kscd.

Richard Lärkäng nouseforaname at home.se
Wed Jan 12 16:52:03 GMT 2005

Hi!

On Saturday 08 January 2005 13.05, you wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just committed (what I hope will become) the common CDDB base dialog into
> kdemultimedia/libkcddb. Its first user is kscd.

> Richard, tell me what you think. Is it good enough to use in kaudiocreator?

I'm still not really convinced that we want the same dialog in kaudiocreator
and kscd, but if we want that, I would actually prefer something more like
the one in kaudiocreator.

First, the one in kaudiocreator is quite clean, while the one in kscd looks
too busy, and it has to be huge to be able to display all the information,
with the default size I only see the track title column.
And also, it's rather hard to edit information in the one in kscd, you can't
use the keyboard, and you have to double-click to change something.

It would be nice to hear what Aaron and Ben thinks about it.

> Thanks, Shaheed

Richard