Timidity and arts

Ole Jacob Taraldset ojt at gexcon.com
Wed Jan 12 08:22:28 GMT 2005

Hi,

This has probably been asked before, but I've been unable to find a resent
definitive answer.

I have a soundcard without built-in MIDI capabilities (VIA 8235) in my FC3
box. I'm trying to have midi sound using timidity and the ALSA virmidi
module. This works just fine when trying to run a non KDE midi program, but
it does not cooperate well with arts, at least I'm unable to use kmid as it
crashes. Hitting "play midi sound" (or whatever it says) in KDE control
center plays nothing. The timidity interface shows up in the menu where I can
choose midi interface.

Is timidity know to work/not work with arts? Which timidity command line can I
use to get it working?

Regards,
Ole Jacob
--