RFC: sharing CD access code from libwm.

Shaheed srhaque at iee.org
Wed Jan 12 03:53:30 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I would like to propose moving

	kdemultimedia/kscd/libwm

	kdemultimedia/libkcddb/libwm

so that:

1. I can fix the fact that kaudiocreator depends on the copy of libwm which
"belongs" to kscd. The change would mean that both applications would depend
on the libkcddb library consistently.

2. The CDDB protocol used by both kscd and kaudiocreator does not contain the
track length information used by both applications. Both applications use the
libwm code to access the length information directly from the CD, and then
combine it with the CDDB info. I'd like to make that code shared. (In fact
the documented intent seems to be do incorporate the length in libkcddb in
the KDE4 release when BC can be broken).

Any thoughts or comments?

Thanks, Shaheed