amaroK 1.2-beta3 Released!

Mark Kretschmann markey at web.de
Tue Jan 11 12:45:26 GMT 2005

On Monday 10 January 2005 07:10, Pavel Troller wrote:
>   Your work is absolutely perfect, amaroK is my really favorite player for
> a long time and it's getting new features almost every day, it's really
> fantastic!

Thanks :)

>   I have just one small question: It still doesnt' supports effects with
> arts engine. Somebody of you have promised these effects for 1.2 release.
> Are they still planned to be enabled ? Or should I have to learn how to
> hook them externally ? I didn't play with engines for some time now; is
> there any engine with effect support currently ?

As for aRts-engine, it's currently unmaintained. See:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-multimedia&m=110465855516352&w=2

For xine and GStreamer we have implemented a dedicated graphic Equalizer
plugin. Turned out 90% of the users just want an EQ anyway, all other effects
are rather unpopular.

--
Mark