Wanted: aRts-engine maintainer for amaroK

Martin Honermeyer maze at strahlungsfrei.de
Sun Jan 2 18:56:35 GMT 2005

Hello Mark,

I am using the aRts-engine, too. As far as I know, it is not possible to
have sound in other KDE applications simultaneously, with the other engines
(Xine, GStreamer). I have email notifications in KMail, for example.

This is a great drawback and the reason why I am still using the
aRts-engine. I think most of the other people have the same problems, too.
Also, GStreamer didn't ever work for me (AMD64 user)..

Is there any workaround / solution I have overlooked?

Happy new year!
Martin