KMix and emu10k1 / Audigy : Patch-Testers needed

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Mon Dec 26 13:29:26 GMT 2005

On Friday 23 December 2005 23:42, Christian Esken wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 21. Dezember 2005 12:36 schrieb Helio Chissini de Castro:
> > Hi Christian
> >
> > Patch is ok on Audigy 2, but now i have two Audigy CD sliders, one in
> > Output, other in Input, and effectively they are the same since is a
> > "capture" volume.
> > I don't know if this is correct since Audigy have the standard mixer
> > style, where we have one capture main volume and devices that have
> > capture capabilities too have their volume as both play and record
> > volume.
>
> Hi Helio,
>
> this sounds correct to me: If Audigy has both play and record volumes, they
> should both be controllable by the user.
Humm, i think this is wrong..
Devices which have both record and play capabilities have SAME volume for
this, not separated one.
So, there's no way to raise or lower play and record volumes separate, there's
just the possibility of choose record or not, but feedback remains same.
The only way to control this devices in a "individual" way would be using ASIO
layer, but as you know, this isn't available on OSS :-(

> Do you have objections, do you want some more checks, or do you think I
> could commit?
Yes, is way better than previous status. Good  work :-)

--
Helio Chissini de Castro
KDE Developer