KMix and emu10k1 / Audigy : Patch-Testers needed

Michael Pyne michael.pyne at kdemail.net
Wed Dec 21 00:49:54 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 19:44, Michael Pyne wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 December 2005 19:32, Christian Esken wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'd like to fix one of KMix's biggest shortcomings, and that is the
> > suboptimal handling of "emu10k1" chipset based soundcards. Most notably,
> > Audigy/Audigy2 cards seem to be affected.
>
> I have an emu10k1 but it is an SB Live so kmix works fine.  I will test the
> patch and try and make sure nothing blows up though.

Patch doesn't seem to break anything (and indeed, I think there may be a few
more capture devices now).

BTW, I just noticed that the popup volume slider from the applet doesn't
actually change my volume.  I assume that is because my second sound-card is
the one that's actually playing back.  Is there a way to change which master
volume is adjusted from the system tray?

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne