Arts crash in KDE 3.5

Michael Pyne pynm0001 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 19 23:53:10 BST 2005

On Friday 19 August 2005 10:18, Craig Howard wrote:
> I've got arts built using kdesvn-build (branch 1.5, I verified this with a
> svn info).  Upon KDE startup, arts crashes with the following backtrace.
> Trying to run artsd from the command line fails too.

Have you recently upgraded gcc or libstdc++?  I've actually experienced this
exact same error, and it was caused by an upgrade from gcc 4.0.1 to 4.1.0
beta.  I've since downgraded as it is too much hassle.

You would hope the gcc guys would make one release, just one, that was
actually backwards compatible (not just the ABI), but apparently that's too
much to ask. ;)

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne