kaboodle -> kmplayer

Enrico Ros eros.kde at email.it
Fri Sep 24 10:13:11 BST 2004

On Friday 24 September 2004 03:06, Michael Pyne wrote:
> On Thursday 23 September 2004 04:17 pm, Frank Karlitschek wrote:

> > The integration as a kpart into khtml is
> > also much better.

> Well, I don't know.  I tried Apple's movie trailer site, and a KMPlayer
> window shows up, but I can never get it to actually play the movie.  I
> don't know whether to blame this on KMPlayer or the underlying backend, but
> if you're the end user that distinction really doesn't matter. :-(

Maybe it's because of the broken support for streaming url parsing in MPlayer.
(Dunno why those guys don't take the time to fix a simple string parsing
algo!). Try using Xine. Maybe this can also be choosed as default by
kmplayer.

> Also, I was doing some testing with it in Konqueror, and one thing that I
> noticed is that Kaboodle looks nicer as a plain KPart playing an audio
> file. I'm assuming that "Embedded Media Player" is Kaboodle for this
> argument, if it isn't, then I withdraw that objection.

With xine backend you can have visualization while playing a plain audio file
(try: kmplayer->configure->xine->vis: goom) and that looks really cool.

About integration I have no idea yet. As of now, choosing xine as backend
seems a better solution for streaming urls. KMplayer is well mantained for
sure and with some hints from usability people will get in shape to be
swapped with kaboodle.

--
Enrico Ros

 Sponsor:
 Corri da Oliviero! Sandali, infraditi, calzature moda-sport per lui e per lei delle migliori marche!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2663&d=24-9