Proposal: libunixmm.so (about the Comparison: MAS, GStreamer, NMM)

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Thu Sep 9 08:12:50 BST 2004

Hi Christian,

On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 01:14, Christian Esken wrote:
[..]

Nobody will use it. Face it. Xine won't, mplayer won't, XMMS definately
won't and thus the problem doesn't disappear. You just propose a new
extra layer that's supposed to solve an unsolvable problem and adds new
problems because of the fact that it *is* a layer.

We can solve the issue for as far as our power reaches. We (GNOME and
KDE together) can try to work on a shared path towards one sound server
in GNOME 3 and KDE 4, and we can try to work on general media support
together. But that's it. You can't go further, and it's a waste of time
and effort to try.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>