KDE4 MM, a view from usability and general applicaiton development

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller christian at fluendo.com
Wed Sep 8 08:19:35 BST 2004

This is not true, the GStreamer pipeline was designed taking real-time
concerns into special consideration (pipeline introduce no overhead in
itself) as the original author (Erik Walthinsen) main goal was to use it
in a real-time application he was making.

Andy Wingo, who is our current ´pro-audio´ developer, has some comments
on the real-time capabilities of GStreamer on the homepage of his
application SoundScrape:
http://ambient.2y.net/soundscrape/

Christian

--