KDE4 MM, a view from usability and general applicaiton development

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Mon Sep 6 23:46:11 BST 2004

On Tuesday 07 September 2004 0:42, Charles Samuels wrote:
> Please, please, please be aware that not only do I support the idea of an
> additional simple API, but I see it as mandatory for KDE.  I just don't like
> the idea of making our users choose, and our developers choose when it comes
> time to Real Multimedia Applications.
>
> I agree completely with what Aaron said in his email.

Then we're actually on the same page and we didn't realize it.  ;-)

And actually as I recall Mueslix was also generally in favor of having a
"strong" default.

Please re-read my mails from during aKademy on this topic (Re:
kdebase/kcontrol/kdemm); they may make more sense in light of the current
summary.

-Scott