KDE4 MM, a view from usability and general applicaiton development

Charles Samuels charles at kde.org
Mon Sep 6 23:42:10 BST 2004

On Monday 2004 September 06 02:40 pm, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> Having a simplified API available also protects general developers from
> disruption should there be future sound back-end modifications. Think of
> the work that will have to happen in kdegames for KDE4 to move away from
> aRts. Think of how that work would've been saved had we had a simplified MM
> API for these people to use.

Please, please, please be aware that not only do I support the idea of an
additional simple API, but I see it as mandatory for KDE.  I just don't like
the idea of making our users choose, and our developers choose when it comes
time to Real Multimedia Applications.

I agree completely with what Aaron said in his email.

-Charles

--
Charles Samuels <charles at kde.org>
 Don't changes horses in the middle of an apocalypse!