amarok: Effect not available ?

Benedikt Gollatz benedikt at gollatz.net
Tue Oct 5 22:49:39 BST 2004

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 23:21, Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> aRts-engine was the only one which supported effects, and those have been
> disabled in 1.1, since people were reporting too many malfunctions with
> broken aRts effects; I simply got sick of it. I might enable them again for
> 1.2, we will see. They're not too useful anyway, are they?

Well, I for myself sometimes find them useful, and on my box they actually
work.

What about leaving the menu option removed, and thus disabling the feature to
the normal end user, but leaving the possibility open to route amarok's
output through a effect rack by using artscontrol, and thus making the
feature available to all those who really want it?

Regards,
Benedikt