amarok: Effect not available ?

Mark Kretschmann markey at web.de
Tue Oct 5 22:21:16 BST 2004

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 18:34, Pavel Troller wrote:
>   When I try to activate any effect with current amarok CVS, I'm getting
> an error dialog saying that "Effect are not available with this engine".
> It does that for arts, xine and gst engines. I don't have more engines
> available. So which one is supposed to have effect available ? It worked
> with arts formerly, but now it doesn't.

aRts-engine was the only one which supported effects, and those have been
disabled in 1.1, since people were reporting too many malfunctions with
broken aRts effects; I simply got sick of it. I might enable them again for
1.2, we will see. They're not too useful anyway, are they?

In general we don't recommend using aRts at all. In future versions gst and
xine engines might support audio effects.

--Mark