kdemm and make_it_cool: Howto ?

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Thu Nov 11 13:55:38 GMT 2004

On Thursday 11 November 2004 00:06, Christian Esken wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a bit confused about how to build the kdemm and the make_it_cool
> branch.
>
> IIRC there were times where you did "cvs co -r make_it_cool <module>" and
> could build that module. It is not anymore like that nowadays, is it?
>
> There is no Makefile.cvs and so on. So how is building kdemm supposed to
> work?!? I already tried http://lists.kde.org without success.
>
> Chris
>
> PS: I am trying to look into it for evaluating in how far KMix should
> support the "channel" thing, as it sounds natural to put Channel controls
> into KMix.

It is limbo right now. I need to commit a few fundamental changes to it to
implement persistent channel volumes (needed for kmix). I haven't look at it
for more than a month, but I will see if I can clean it up monday, when I
have some spare time again.
Once done I will post a HOWTO and a "State of KDEMM" on kde-multimedia. I have
changed my perspective on kdemm a lot.

`Allan