New library and aRts-plugin

Stefan Gehn sgehn at gmx.net
Sun May 30 13:28:46 BST 2004

Am Sonntag, 30. Mai 2004 14:14 schrieb Allan Sandfeld Jensen:
> After having hinted it in a bug-report that I am working on replacing
> mpeglib, I better introduce it properly on kde-multimedia and ask for
> permission to add it to the feature-list.
>
> The project name is currently akodelib and will be imported to kdenonbeta
> in a weeks time or so.
> [...]
> Since feature-plan freeze is two days away, I plan to commit the attached
> patch to the feature-plan tomorrow, unless anyone has serious objections
> about the library's inclusion in kde-multimedia.

I don't think it's a good idea to cram in a mpeglib replacement shortly before
a release. Also what about video playback? Not everbody has/wants xine.
Actually I don't even see a need to replace mpeglib, it works quite well. All
the problems I have come from arts and its limited api (I want to gather more
info about the currently played data, unfortunately playobject don't allow
much in that area).

Bye, Stefan aka mETz