Video Playback Choppy

Calvin Spealman calvin at ironfroggy.com
Fri May 28 15:35:37 BST 2004

Stefan Gehn wrote:

> On Freitag Mai 28 2004 03:54, Calvin Spealman wrote:
>> I know my system can handle them, but some larger-resolution videos
>> really play lack-luster-like. The audio is much more noticeably choppy
>> than the video.
> A bit more information would be handy, like:
>
> - which application did you use
I've tried this in Noatun, Kaboodle, KMplayer, and Kaffeine all with the
same results.
> - which audio backend was used (if known)
Kaffeine using Xine, does it not? and KMplayer is an obvious one.
> - which backend library was used (if known)
Unsure
> - which video-output method was used (can be adjusted in at least xine and
> mplayer backends, makes a HUGE difference for video)
Unknown. I don't know how to change this.
> - did anything else run in the background
No, aside from typical desktop processes (taskbar, etc)
> -what cpu, gfx-card, sound-card do you have
typical intel sound card, standard on a budget desktop pc. same goes for the
video, tho i dont know the exact video card i know its one of those used
with the i810 driver.
> - why do you know your system can handle it (i.e. which players are
> working and which ones are not, otherwise I don't see how you can say that
> it's working)
I know everyone hates to hear this, but, "It works in Windows."

> All I can say is that I can play DVD fine using kaffeine, libxine from
> CVS. My system is a amd xp2000, nvidia geforce fx5950xt, sb live.
I shouldn't, and I don't, need a system like that just to watch my backup
copies of Buffy and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.