Video Playback Choppy

Stefan Gehn sgehn at gmx.net
Fri May 28 15:51:02 BST 2004

On Freitag Mai 28 2004 03:54, Calvin Spealman wrote:
> I know my system can handle them, but some larger-resolution videos really
> play lack-luster-like. The audio is much more noticeably choppy than the
> video.
A bit more information would be handy, like:

- which application did you use
- which audio backend was used (if known)
- which backend library was used (if known)
- which video-output method was used (can be adjusted in at least xine and
mplayer backends, makes a HUGE difference for video)
- did anything else run in the background
-what cpu, gfx-card, sound-card do you have
- why do you know your system can handle it (i.e. which players are working
and which ones are not, otherwise I don't see how you can say that it's
working)

All I can say is that I can play DVD fine using kaffeine, libxine from CVS. My
system is a amd xp2000, nvidia geforce fx5950xt, sb live.

Bye, Stefan aka mETz
--
ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein