Arts for X thin clients

Chris de Vidal chris at devidal.tv
Sat Mar 20 20:13:56 GMT 2004

Arts 1.2.1
KDE 3.2.1

I've Googled, I've read the Arts FAQ, I've searched this mailing list, but
I cannot seem to enable ArtsD over a network.  Perhaps I've missed
something.

I have an X thin client.  The .mcoprc has had both
GlobalComm=Arts::X11GlobalComm (which prevents artsd from starting) and
GlobalComm=Arts::TmpGlobalComm.  I run artsd -n -F 5 -S 8192 & then X
-query <X terminal server>.

On the X terminal server, artsd is set in the KDE control panel not to
start.  The .mcoprc matches on both ends.

XMMS dies and says there is no sound server running.

Argggg!

Ideas?
/dev/idal