Cannot compile amarok for a couple of days

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Fri Mar 19 07:16:54 GMT 2004

> On Thursday 18 March 2004 16:45, Pavel Troller wrote:
> >   I just did it, I saw many updates since morning, I did even cvs up -A
> > to remove any possible stickies and then make -f admin/Makefile.common
> > cvs-clean before make -f Makefile.cvs && ./configure but it still does
> > exactly the same
>
> Are you using srcdir != builddir?
>
> The problem might be related to it, since none of our developers uses this, so
> we tend to forget about it. Could be a simple Makefile.am bug. Give it a try
> with srcdir == builddir.
>
> If it still won't work visit us on irc.freenode.net, #amarok.

Hi!
  I just found it!
  The problem is in
#include "plugin.h"
  on line 21 of enginebase.h. In my case,
  /opt/kde3.2/include/plugin.h was picked instead of amarok/plugin/plugin.h. I
  changed the line to
#include "plugin/plugin.h"
  to eliminate the redundant entry and all went well then...

                                           With regards, Pavel Troller