KmixCtrl Crashing on KDE Startup

billg wgerrard at f-m.fm
Mon Jun 7 22:28:40 BST 2004

I've started to get Signal 6 (SIGABRT) crashes attributed to KMixCtrl
during KDE startup, as an ordinary user or as root, although I still have
sound.

Unsurprisingly, Kmix fails the same way, as do any attempts to configure
the mixer in Control Center.

This is KDE 3.2.2 on a fresh and uptodate Slackware machine. It uses a
Soundblaster Live, the emu10kl driver, and OSS (ALSA seems to make the
speakers whine.)

Googling and searching this list's archives didn't produce anything.
Anyone care to hazard a guess about this?