A nice feature in WinAmp....

Janne Ojaniemi janne.ojaniemi at nbl.fi
Sat Jul 24 17:21:36 BST 2004

First, a brief overview of my system: I have two sound-cards in my system: An
Audigy2 and an integrated Via soundcard. Headphones are connected to the
Audigy, while my TFT's speakers are connected to the integrated to the
integrated soundchip. The CDROM's audio-output is connected to the integrated
soundchip.

Now, if I put an audio-CD in the CDROM, I can't listen to it with my
headphones, since Audigy is not connected to the CDROM. I could listen to it
with my TFT's speakers. That's how it is with my KDE/Linux-system. But I
noticed that in W2K I CAN listen to the audio-tracks with my headphones, if I
use WinAmp. How it does that, I don't know, but it would be nice if the KDE
CD-player could do the same don't you think?