Some ideas for the aRts-replacement
dev at gioelebarabucci.com
Fri Feb 20 11:54:30 GMT 2004
Zack Rusin <zack <at> kde.org> writes:
> Just wondering what are people thinking about
> http://www.networkmultimedia.org . I think it's rather impressive.
It is very impressive:
Things we really need:
- Decoding/Encoding/Output plugins (many already implemented)
- Threads support
Things is nice to have:
- LGPL'd + some GPL plugins
- Distributed/net media
- Doxygen generated documentation of API and a clean C++ coding style.
Three are my fears:
- Is it light enought? I mean, will it take ~1% of CPU time while decoding an
MP3 or 30%?
- How simple is to create/integrate plugins? From the doc is seems rater
simple, but you can't say anything untill you try.
- How much will the support an external big and annoy user like KDE? :)
More information about the kde-multimedia