[Patch] Kmix alsa addtions

Walt H walt_h at lorettotel.net
Fri Dec 31 20:47:20 GMT 2004

Christian Esken wrote:

>Am Dienstag 28 Dezember 2004 14:16 schrieb Helio Chissini de Castro:
>

>>Hello all..
>>
>>Merry late xmas and new year first :-)
>>

>Thanks, and please have a nice new years eve. I am leaving soon for party.
>

>>So, Christian, i propose we follow the ideas of kamix author, and add new type
>>of widgets and MOVE definitively to the profile based kmix. Until then, we
>>

>OK. I'll see what I can do.
>
>But this basically only the "visualization" part - the GUI.
>As far as I understood from Walts mail, we ALSO need fixes on the mixer_alsa9.cpp.
>Record channels are not created by the mixer backend (mixer_alsa9.cpp), is this correct?

Yes, you most definitely will need changes to the backend, according to
the source of the current mixer_alsa9.cpp @ line 234:

            // We can have Playback OR Capture. Not both at same time

That's why I created the patch. With the current kmix, there are no
input channels at all shown for my Audigy card.

-Walt