survey: KDE Multimedia API (or framework)

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller christian at fluendo.com
Sat Dec 11 10:02:10 GMT 2004

While not officially a standard I guess libavcodec, which is part of
ffmpeg, has established itself as sort of a de-facto API for codec
developers (as most projects like Xine, GStreamer and VideoLan utilize
it.) Main problem with it is of course that ffmpeg community has so far
been relatively unresponsive on unbundling/liberating libavcodec from
the rest of ffmpeg.

Christian