aRts maintenance

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Fri Dec 3 19:36:23 GMT 2004

On Friday 03 December 2004 17:16, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> Am Freitag, 3. Dezember 2004 16:29 schrieb Charles Samuels:
> why does nobody think of continuing the development of aRts?
> Recently, I decided to use aRts exclusively for all sound synthesis I
> wanted to do, so Stefan Westerfeld's news were really bad new for me.
> aRts' extensible modular approach is really nice and aRts provides a good
> KDE user interface.  Okay, there are other solutions for modular synthesis
> around, but is there one which is probably maintained for the next years
> and whose UI integrates with KDE?
> While the technology behind BEAST may be good, the screenshots on the BEAST
> website look terrible.  Look at the connection lines which cross the module
> icons!  I also don't like to disturb my KDE desktop with Gtk programs.

Search on googe or freshmeat.net for ams or the Alsa Modular Synth. It is a
very nice synth. It isn't using kdelibs for graphics but it is using qt And
therefor integrates with the desktop-look quite well.

Another good modular synth is galan, but that one is in gtk...

Arnold
--
Get my public-key from pgp.mit.edu or pgp.uni-mainz.de
---