KDE cd player

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Wed Nov 12 17:54:35 GMT 2003

> I get sound upon starting (slackware 9.1) and when I use the test button in arts but no sound when I try to use the cd player.  The player seems to be working correctly.  Can anybody help with this?
> Thanks, Ron.

Hi!
  Please verify, that
  - You have the cable between the CD drive audio output and Your sound card
    connected properly.
  - You have the CDROM slider on Your mixer (kmix) opened so the sound can get
    into the soundcard bus. This is another slider, than the on for PCM out
    (i.e. what artsd uses).

                               With regards, Pavel Troller