Crystal icons for Noatun actions, yes or no

Stefan Gehn sgehn at gmx.net
Tue Nov 11 19:53:38 GMT 2003

Moin,

If another mailinglist might be appropriate, please forward this mail, I don't
know all of them by heart.

I recently found some missing icons in Noatun (playlist, equalizer) and thus
asked for them (added them to MISSING_ICONS inside kdelibs/pics/). Now I have
two nice attempts from Hans Karlsson which I'd really like to add to Noatun.
Unfortunately Noatun by default still uses old-style black-only icons. Last
time my systray patch raised this discussion and either Neil or Charles
(sorry, forgot who exactly) really disliked crystal and thus didn't want me
to make Noatun stick to the default kde look for icons.

Now the question is, what to do with the current mixture of old and new icons
inside Noatun (note: application-icon is already crstylized)? I'm fine with
certain ui-plugins having their own icons (simple has embedded xpms and looks
quite ok as it doesn't mix them with crystal icons) but the global noatun
icons installed to our default icon-path should IMHO look like crystal too.

Comments welcomed of course ;)
In case anybody wants to see eq and playlist icons I'll forward them.

Bye, Stefan aka mETz
--
ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein