MAS in KDE

Roger Larsson roger.larsson at skelleftea.mail.telia.com
Wed Mar 5 08:11:59 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 05 March 2003 09:00, Roger Larsson wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 March 2003 08:49, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
>
> I have been thinking about a really simple system where the client sends
> either:
> a) The filename (url?), preferred for local files - cacheable
> b) The file contents in any format but raw, formats contains decoding info
> using a pipe/socket to the server.
> c) Program generated audio with a header, followed by data, pauses OK.
> using a socket/pipe/...  to the server.
> [The server needs to decode the header, load the decoder pluggin, and go]

Forgot the point of it (arts is close/there today...)
 - the server could be replaced, keeping the interface
 - really little code needed on the client for the simplest case
   (playing a local file)
 - all media file types can be supported (video, mp3, ogg, MIDI...)
 [for video the destination window have to be transfered to the server]

/RogerL

--
Roger Larsson
SkellefteƄ