JuK -> KDE CVS

larry larryt67 at outdrs.net
Sat Mar 1 22:51:44 GMT 2003

On Saturday 01 March 2003 02:38 pm, Charles Samuels wrote:

> How about instead of a wizard, just a dialog that says something like:
> 	"You can customize the appearance of noatun!"
>
> and then a list with the GUIs with a preview screenshot.
>
> -Charles
--------------------------
another $.02.............:)

I know the above would have really helped me the first few times using
these apps. I think it was xmms at the time. The UI was really small
and the colors didn't contrast and it was really hard to figure out how
to call up a file to play. It was some time before I right clicked on it
somewhere and saw I could double the size.

I suspect the developers were using small monitors running at 640x480
which would make sense at that time but the default size was never updated.

I was thinking of this popup type solution as I have been following this
thread.  Anything brief and informative to get your attention. Then, a way
to turn it off in a config file so you won't see it again. From then on do
the configuration changes from the menu.
BTH, thanks to all the developers for the many hours expended.

Thanks for listening.
larry