JuK -> KDE CVS

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Sat Mar 1 21:47:00 GMT 2003

On Saturday 01 March 2003 19:53, Tim Jansen wrote:
> On Saturday 01 March 2003 18:14, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> > That's what I said: Users should always check the whole options dialog
> > for new apps, I always do so except if I don't have enough time atm and
> > just need the basic features of an app right after installing it.
>
> And that's what wrong. Under normal circumstances a user should never have
> to use the settings.

I think you are confusing users with novice-users, i.e.
beginners/first-timers. A user naturally wants to customize every aspect of
an application to his individual needs, a beginner wants a tutorial, and a
configuration wizard is a tutorial to the "real" options dialog.

--
Regards,
	Michael Nottebrock