JuK -> KDE CVS

Stefan Gehn sgehn at gmx.net
Sat Mar 1 09:06:55 GMT 2003

On Freitag Februar 28 2003 20:42, Klas Kalass wrote:
> Am Freitag, 28. Februar 2003 20:10 schrieb Neil Stevens:
> > The point is that everything you do in your app could be done with Noatun
> > plugins, and would bring more functionality that way.
> >
> > Look:  I'm not necessarily arguing against your app's inclusion in KDE
> > 3.2. I favor a large, inclusive KDE.  I just question what value it would
> > bring to the release that Noatun doesn't already provide.
>
> The greatest value is the usability of JUK. It just works, right away. No
> need to search for some obscure plugins or anything. It is dead easy to use

Plugins are not obscure, if people don't configure their apps using the
supplied preferences dialog then it's not my fault :P

> But the GUI is the biggest strength and should not be replaced by something
> confusing.

Something is wrong with me, I added a huge subdir of files and still don't get
what the left panel actually represents. For me this GUI is not easy to use
at all :)

Also it breaks style guidelines quite a bit (player widgets inside a toolbar,
if you want it movable use a dockwidget capable mainwindow, btw, that'd be
nice to have for the tagger as well).

I actually use JuK as well but only for tagging of whole subdirs full of
files, for managing my Soundfiles I prefer konqueror filemanager + a dumb
winamp-like playlist (as seen in xmms, splitplayist and my new flexplaylist).

Btw, all the stuff above has nothing to do with pro/con inclusion, I also vote
for inclusion into kdemultimedia as well because there ARE people (it's just
not me) who want a jukebox-player and we don't offer one yet so JuK IS
needed.

Bye, Stefan aka mETz
--
sgehn_AT_gmx.net | ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein