KMplayer for kdemultimedia

Alexander Dymo cloudtemple at mksat.net
Sun Feb 23 21:14:00 GMT 2003

Hello,
Looking at apps.kde.com I saw that there is a kde wrapper to mplayer,
named KMplayer. It is written by Koos Vriezen <koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl>.
According to apps.kde.com it is a popular software. My personal experience
was very positive too - kmplayer is a stable app, though not a feature-full.

So I decided to ask a permission to include KMplayer to kde cvs as a part
of kdemultimedia distribution. IMHO KMplayer will fit well into kde (it is a
KPart). It doesn't use mplayer library, it creates mplayer process and
controls it. Comparing to xine-artsplugin it gives much more configurability
and flexibility (most likely due to mplayer excellent keyboard control).
Do you agree with me or is there another place for KMplayer to be included?

--
Alexander Dymo
Ukrainian State Maritime Technical University, IT Department