Media Options for KDE 4

Eray Ozkural exa at ttnet.net.tr
Sun Feb 23 20:44:04 GMT 2003

On Sunday 23 February 2003 19:58, Neil Stevens wrote:

> I'm sure you could write one, but I think Tim's point is that nobody has
> yet.  And unless we're going to write our own framework from scratch,
> there's a good chance our media code will have to interact with a C
> library.

I think it's an illusion that having to write in C is automatically going to
result in a very efficient code. You can write exactly the same thing with
C++, and give it a nice interface. In fact C++ implementation is likely to
result in more efficient and readable code if one makes proper use of stdlib.

Thanks,

--
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr>
www: http://www.cs.bilkent.edu.tr/~erayo  Malfunction: http://mp3.com/ariza