More info about jack

Stefan Westerfeld stefan at space.twc.de
Sat Feb 22 21:29:48 GMT 2003

   Hi!

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 04:53:44PM +0100, Roger Larsson wrote:
> I had prepared a longer answer for Neil, but I keep that private.
> This can on the other hand be of public interest.
>
> On Friday 21 February 2003 09:22, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > What is this, and what would it do for us?
> >

> http://jackit.sourceforge.net/
>
> Jack is a new audio server that is developed by people on linux-audio-dev
> mailing list.
>
> Once upon a time Linux audio applications wrote interfaces towards arts.
> Now the interface linux-audio-dev people care about is jack. It was a long
> time ago since I heard anything about arts there...
>
> If arts did function as a jack host it could become the end user choice since
> jackd more directed toward professional users.

Do it, if you want to. You have my support. But I am currently unable to
personally put code into it, so all I can serve you with are comments and
code review.

You could also start with something simpler if you think JACK as first time
hacking experience is too hard ;). Fixing some bugs or something like this,
or implementing a new, easy to implement feature off the wishlist and/or
TODO.

   Cu... Stefan
--
  -* Stefan Westerfeld, stefan at space.twc.de (PGP!), Hamburg/Germany